Return on investment
about risks, opportunities
and environmental, social
and governance (ESG)
performance, in particular
the impact of climate
change on strategic and
Ability to generate sufficient
cash flows to fund our
business and service our debt
- Our investor relations (IR) department engages with shareholders and analysts on an ongoing basis.
- Our Chairman and CEO also engage with shareholders on relevant issues. We conduct ad hoc mill visits
and road shows, and issue announcements through the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) – Stock
Exchange News Services (SENS), in the press and on our website (see www.sappi.com/SENS).
We publish our Annual Integrated Report (see www.sappi.com/annual-reports) and sustainability
reports (see www.sappi.com/sustainability) on the group website. Shareholders can attend and
participate in the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as well as the four quarterly financial results briefings.
- We engage with various ratings agencies, particularly in terms of ESG performance. Recognising
the importance of climate change in a financial context, we are incorporating the recommendations
of the TCFD into our decision-making processes (discussed further under Helping to mitigate
- We participate in the Carbon Disclosure and Forest Footprint Disclosure projects every year, making
our submissions publicly available.
- Our Chief Financial Officer and Head of Treasury engage with bondholders, banks and rating
agencies continually on the performance of the company. A key point of discussion in FY2020 was
the suspension of our credit facility financial covenants from June 2020 to March 2021 (which has
been subsequently extended to September 2021).